The decree defining the obligation of the 5th period of the Energy Savings Certificates (CEE) scheme was published on 5 June 2021. This fifth period began on 1 January 2022 and will end on 31 December 2025. This is a longer period than the usual three-year period, which gives visibility to the sector and allows for a start in the production of the sectors.
Since the first EWC period, and its creation in 2006, the scheme has become the leading financial aid for energy renovation.
In the fourth period, since 2018, more than 4 billion euros have been paid out annually in the form of bonuses to manufacturers, local authorities and individuals.
Ermeo, as aplayer in the digitalisation of companies in the industrial sector, will continue tosupport companies wishing to meet the standards for this new period.
Thanks to the Ermeo Connected Operator Platform and the digitisation of EEC controlsThanks to the Ermeo Connected Operator Platform and the EWC premium, the various energy players are able to comply with the restrictive EWC regulations in order to be eligible for the EWC premium.
In this article, you will be able to discover :
1. Presentation of the 5th EWC period
a. A fundamental text for the energy renovation sector
Created by the POPE law of July 2005, the Energy Savings Certificates scheme requires energy suppliers (the obliged parties) to make energy savings, and encourages them to promote energy efficiency among their customers.
This financing of energy saving works is a real asset for all those wishing to carry out energy renovation work.
They make it possible to support the various post-covid recovery plans.
b. An ambitious budget
The ambition of this 5th period of the Energy Savings Certificates scheme is to invest, for 4 years, 5 billion eurosannually until 2025!
This sum represents more than twice the annual budget of the government's renovation subsidy MaPrimeRénov according to the Tribune.
2. The new measures of the 5th EWC period
a. Directing real energy savings
For this fifth period of the Energy Savings Certificate scheme, the texts are globally positive for the sector.
They focus on real energy savings, with a reduction in subsidies or the extension of the Global Renovation Boost.
b. Suppressed bonuses
Many subsidies were removed before the start of the fifth EWC period:
- End of the current "Coup de pouce Isolation " on 30 June 2021. The work must be completed before 30 September 2021. A new Coup de pouce Insulation charter will be launched from 1 July 2021 until 30 June 2022.
- Discontinuation of the Coup de pouce Chauffage for connection, and gas as a replacement for coal and fuel oil, on 1 January 2022.
- Discontinuation of bonus for electric and gas to gas emitters - commitment date until June 2021 but work must be completed by October 2021.
- Stop the Thermostat Boost, the work must be completed by 30 April 2022.
3. The advantages of the Ermeo solution for optimising the management of the 5th EWC period
a. Digitisation of EWCs with Ermeo
With Ermeo, meet the various challenges of EWC management by eliminating paper documents in favour of digitalization.
b. The following is an exhaustive list of the main advantages of the Ermeo solution for optimising your management of the fifth EWC period
- Time savings of more than 20% on the completion of EWC checks thanks to the digitalisation of operational processes and paper documents.
- Improved performance of field operators on theErmeo mobile application thanks to intuitive forms and automatic report generation.
- Optimised management by the team leader on the Ermeo web platform of all Energy Savings Certificate controls using intuitive and customisable dashboards
- Real-time traceability of data and its valorisation.
- Reliability of collected data and 100% elimination of re-entry errors.